whats included and faqs
In the welcome pack you will find:
- a welcome basket with wine, apple juice, tea, instant and capsule coffee, jam, bread, butter, pasta, pesto and biscuits.
- store cupboard basics – oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, flour and a few herbs and spices.
- household goods – loo paper, bin liners, washing machine and dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, dish cloths, tea towels and basic cleaning products.
also supplied for you are:
- anti bacterial products, wipes, spray, hand soap, hand sanitizer.
- baby gates top and bottom of stairs, plus a spare should you need it
- wooden cot with proper mattress
- travel cot with proper mattress
- high chair with tray and straps
- 2 high wooden toddler chairs
- booster seat
- steam sterilizer
- children’s crockery and cutlery
- baby changing mat
- child loo seat
- non slip bath mat
- baby bath support seat
- plug in baby monitor
- baby support play ring
- indoor toys and books for all ages from birth to grown ups!
- outdoor toys and games for all ages
- linen and house towels are provided for your stay.
- linen and towels are changed mid stay for any booking of more than 7 days.
- all beds have stay cool water proof bamboo protectors and guests are asked not to remove these
- there is plenty of spare bed linen for the children’s beds and cots, if you require any during your stay please just ask.
- swimming towels are provided for your stay and are changed mid stay for any booking of more than 7 days.
- we do ask that you do not take the white house towels outside.
- included for free, each booking has one evening of babysitting (max 4 hours and not on a Saturday evening).
- this evening can be arranged in advance if you have a special evening in mind or just wait until you arrive before making any plans.
- Steve is also available to drive you to one of the local restaurants so that you can kick back and enjoy some of the wonderful wines on offer.
- additional evening babysitting is also available and is subject to availability and incurs an additional charge.
- there is access to an open wireless internet connection.
- there are reversable air conditioning /heating systems in both the kitchen/living area and in the sitting room; there is no additional charge for the use of these if used appropriately.
- freestanding fans are also available in all the bedrooms
Frequently asked Questions
- The farmhouse can sleep up to 6 adults in beds plus 2 babies in cots or 1 baby in a cot and a child under 10 in a child bed
- the air conditioning is included in the price of the rental if used appropriately. Doors and windows must remain closed when the units are on. Excessive use of the units may incur an additional charge if the electricity consumption exceeds the norm.
- if you are planning lots of cycling and bike activities we suggest that you hire bikes and have them delivered to the property for your stay. Bike Hire Direct offers a great range of bikes, pull alongs, baby seats and all the kit you will need, including a wonderful selection of routes.
- the local supermarkets all have a fairly good selection of english produce
- baby formula milk is also available for all of the leading brands but the names of the milks are different. The french name for your child’s formula milk can be found on the internet
- nappies are the same as the UK brands
- we are equidistant between the two local towns of Chasseneuil sur Bonnieure and La Rochefoucauld both being about a 10 min drive. both have a good selection of shops and restaurants and services.
- additional details on these can be found on our ‘out and about page’
- yes, our charming local doctor speaks excellent english and is happy to see visitors at his surgery in the local town
- the local pharmacist also speaks english and is happy to help is you need any advice
- there are several great cycle and walking routes direct from the property with the famous french white routes through the local woodland and down to the small river
- the water direct from the tap is perfectly safe to drink
- additional cleaning, airing and sanitising of the property, contents and toys have been put in place
- for your arrival we will still be there to greet you but ask that we show just one party member around, just so that we can keep our distance keeping us all safe
Chez Charente is around a 7 1/2 hour drive from Calais.
Ferries from Portsmouth go to Le Havre, Caen or St Malo – all around a 5 1/2 hour drive to Chez Charente.
Take the Eurostar to Paris or Lille, then take a connecting train to Angouleme. You can hire a car from there for the last 30 minute drive.
Limoges is a 50 minutes drive.
Poitiers is a 75 minutes drive
Bordeaux is about a 1 hr 40 minutes drive
La Rochelle is a 2hr drive